Follow these tips from LINKS Magazine Art Director Tim Carr to take LINKS-quality golf course photos and improve your chances of winning. 1. Take photos in the early morning or late afternoon for best lighting results.
2. Use unique angles, from high or low vantage points.
3. Shoot from other locations besides the fairway toward the green. Consider using the green in the foreground looking back toward the tee.
4. Have a focal point in the composition besides the flagstick .
5. Unusual cloud formations can add visual interest to the composition. Just before or after a storm produces some of the best results.
6. Every hole has an optimal time to shoot, so be patient.
>> Meet the judges
>> Complete rules and instructions
>> Entry form and photo upload