U.S. Air Force Academy
The Air Force Academy was established in 1954, during President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s first term, and the first class graduated in 1959, the year the Commander-in-Chief was on hand for the opening of the Robert Trent Jones Sr. layout that was named in his honor. Measuring 7,301 yards, the Blue is a big course, with Trent Jones’ trademark runway tees and large greens. The shorter Silver course was designed by Frank Hummel.
Par: 72 Yardage: 7,301 Architect: Robert Trent Jones Sr. Year opened: 1959 usafaservices.com
« Previous » No. 19: University of Florida