One unique aspect of the PGA Championship—to be held August 7-10 at Valhalla GC in Louisville, Kentucky—is the presence in the field of club pros who belong to the host PGA of America. Twenty pros qualified at the PGA Professional National Championship, played earlier this week at The Dunes Golf and Beach Club and Grande Dunes Resort Club in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The winner was Michael Block (above), from Arroyo Trabuco GC in Mission Viejo, Calif., who topped Jamie Broce of Ottawa Hills, Ohio, on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff. They’ll both be at Valhalla, along with:
- Rob Corcoran, Melbourne, Fla.
- Stuart Deane, Arlington, Tex.
- Frank Esposito, Jr., Monroe Township, N.J.
- Ryan Helminen, Mehasha, Wisc.
- David Hronek, North Port, Fla.
- Johan Kok, Brentwood, Tenn.
- Aaron Krueger, Norwalk, Iowa
- Jim McGovern, Oradell, N.J.
- David McNabb, Newark, Del.
- Brian Norman, The Colony, Tex.
- Rod Perry, Port Orange, Fla.
- Matt Pesta, Wixom, Mich.
- Steve Schneiter, Sandy, Utah
- Jerry Smith, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Bob Sowards, Dublin, Ohio
- David Tentis, Woodbury, Minn.
- Dustin Volk, Layton, Utah
- Eric Williamson, Shoal Creek, Ala.
Video highlights of the final day’s play, including the playoff, are available on the website of the PGA of America, along with more information on the tournament and the players. Good luck, guys!
Jun 27, 2014 | 06:52 AM
Jun 26, 2014 | 11:00 AM
Jun 25, 2014 | 04:05 PM
Jun 24, 2014 | 09:59 AM