As golfers, we have much to be thankful for, great gifts that we all get from the game. Here, according to the internet, are a few of note:
- A round of golf burns, on average, about 900 calories. And if you walk, it’s about five miles for 18 holes.
- No matter how badly you play and even if you lose the match, golf is a great stress reducer. Yeah, really.
- It’s social, and we need to spend time with others—even if we won’t concede them a six-inch putt.
- According to Sweden’s Karolinska Institute, playing golf can increase life expectancy up to five years.
- Golf is good exercise for your eyes, making them shift between close and far focus.
- You’re constantly practicing visualization, focus, and other cognitive skills, good for keeping the brain active and healthy.
- And face it… win or lose, golf is fun, and we can all use more fun in our lives.
Nov 26, 2015 | 10:56 am
Nov 25, 2015 | 10:53 am
Nov 24, 2015 | 09:31 am
Nov 23, 2015 | 10:44 am